Friday, December 10, 2010

HOME FLOWERS

Anyone can research flowers, but it takes a writer to explain why we
should care. I always like to read something a bit personal; if it was
my project, I'd write about how I was crushed when your father mowed
down the tulips, and that was the first time I had ever paid much
attention to them. It makes me think about all the other things I take
for granted. See, that would be a good essay."
Dr. Williams (Botany) speaks--
"You haven't told me anything about flowers: 'I like the ones that smell
like perfume'? What kind of drivel is that? Listen, if you don't know
who Mendel and Linnaeus are, you're going to fail this course. This
paper shows no grasp of their work. Anyone can sit there and feel
emotions, but it takes a scientist to explain how the flower
exists--tell me how it gets its nourishment, tell me how long it lives,

No comments:

Post a Comment