Friday, December 10, 2010

RASONS OF GIVING FLOWERS

Don’t. Flowers are for sissies, and you're not a sissy boy, are you?
Write about trees if you have to write about nature at all. Better yet,
write about chopping down a tree. Or hunting! That's natural."
Dude speaks--
"Dude, I just thought of an awesome metaphor and it's funny. You can use
it: cross-pollination happens when you don't wash your sheets between
girlfriends. Man, that's so true. If you need to know anything about
grow-lights, I've got a couple, but they're kinda in use. Dude, you
know?"
Mom speaks--
"Anyone can research flowers, but it takes a writer to explain why we
should care. I always like to read something a bit personal; if it was
my project, I'd write about how I was crushed when your father mowed
down the tulips, and that was the first time I had ever paid much
attention to them. It makes me think about all the other things I take
for granted. See, that would be a good essay."

No comments:

Post a Comment